Above is PASR 024: The One With Todd Lisenbee.
“If you have strong opinions and you stick by those opinions, people are always going to come after you on social media and fans are always going to sound off on you… and that’s not a bad thing. Some guys take that way too personal. That’s a good thing, because that means they’re listening.” – Todd Lisenbee
Todd Lisenbee, quite possibly, has the world’s most painful and pathetic job–producer and co-host of The Zach McCrite Show, the daily radio show hosted by me (the same man that hosts this podcast).
Todd & I have created a show low on X’s and O’s (because we’re not that smart) and more on not being afraid of being bad (also, because we’re not that smart).
Although Todd & I have only worked together less than a year, our chemistry has really started to click in recent months. And that, along with our company’s willingness to let us try irregular means of radio entertainment have led not only to some mild success but, more importantly, some memorable moments on Oklahoma City sports radio.
We will never have it all figured out, but we have fun being the guinea pigs around here.
Todd peels back the curtain on what it’s like working for a dolt like me in this podcast.
Check out more of the show notes below to get a feel for what you will hear in this edition of The PASR. I hope you enjoy and, as always, leave a comment to get out anything that this podcast had you thinking along the way.
INSIDE THIS EPISODE…
- Todd explains the nuts and bolts of his daily job duties. [2:09]
- Todd & Zach peel back the curtain on how a show, which is only manned by two people at all times, functions behind the scenes. [4:06]
- Todd gives what he thinks are the perfect times to jump on to the air as a producer. [5:12]
- Todd explains how he got into the sports radio business. [7:03]
- Todd gives advice for guys and gals that are wanting to get into or just getting into the radio business. [13:07]
- Todd talks about how he got laid off from radio at one point. [13:38]
- Todd gives what he thinks is the common denominator between all of the most successful shows he’s worked on. [15:54]
- Todd describes our local show which originates out of Oklahoma City. [17:43]
- Todd tells a story, relayed to him from our program director, about how our show was being talked about in public… and not very kindly. [20:41]
- Todd talks about his favorite part of our radio show. [21:43]
- I talk about what I think is my biggest weakness in sports radio. [23:25]
- Todd opines about the inclusion of social media and phone calls in a radio show. [28:14]
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE…
FROM THE GUEST
- Todd on Twitter: @ToddOnFranchise
- Audible: I know you love audio. So I teamed up with Audible and if you haven’t already, you can grab an awesome audiobook from their enormous library of over 180,000 titles for FREE. Go to aboutsportsradio.com/audible.**
- Here’s some bonus audio that we left off the podcast just for you junkies. Here’s some more with Todd Lisenbee.
ONE FAVOR: YOUR TURN!
Time to get your thoughts on a topic [Guest Name} and I talked about…
What’s your take on social media and phone calls in a radio show? How much do you like or dislike it?
Leave your answer below.
** DISCLAIMER: We do receive a small commission for products purchased through our links. Thanks in advance for your support.