Above is PASR 009: The One With Jorge Sedano (Part 2).
“Talk show hosts–as egotistical as they can be–all have insecurities.” – Jorge Sedano
THIS IS PART TWO | If you haven’t visited Part One yet, click here.
ESPN Radio host Jorge Sedano is my host on this week’s podcast. From his father expecting more from him, to being blackballed from the heritage sports station in his local market, to being turning into a program director and everywhere in between, Jorge has had a very interesting trek to what is now a daily solo show on ESPN Radio.
Jorge was very gracious with his time and was very open about how he got to where he is now. So much so that we broke the interview up into two parts. This is Part One of interview.
In Part Two, Jorge is open about just how fortunate he is to get to where he is (although he’s modest, it’s obvious that Jorge has the talent as well) and now and explains what makes radio hosts great, including some that he works with at ESPN Radio now.
Check out more of the show notes below to get a feel for what you will hear in this edition of The PASR.
I hope you enjoy and, as always, leave a comment to get out anything that this podcast had you thinking along the way.
INSIDE THIS EPISODE…
- Even though you must also have talent, Jorge talks about how there’s a lot of luck involved in being successful in sports radio.
- Jorge talks about what he liked and disliked about being a program director on top of being a host for a short time… and how he’d never do it again.
- Having been on both sides, Jorge gives his advice to program directors on how to manage talent.
- Jorge says there is a common thread between all good sports talk hosts.
- Jorge tells what’s his sports radio version of nails on a chalkboard is.
- Jorge talks about what he can’t stand about himself in sports radio.
- Jorge talks about what he would be doing as a career if he wasn’t in radio.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE…
FROM THE GUEST:
- Jorge’s Sports Book Recommendations
- Jorge on Twitter: @SedanoESPN
- GoDaddy: I’m a proud user of GoDaddy and it’s ease of use and low cost are one of the main reasons I am able to run a site like this. It’s a labor of love. Well, what if I could offer you your own website address and hosting for just ONE DOLLAR A MONTH? GET IT HERE RIGHT NOW. Go to aboutsportsradio.com/getgodaddy.*
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
Thanks for joining me again this week. Have something you’d like to share with me or Jorge? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see attached to this post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Podcast About Sports Radio on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
YOUR TURN: Hosts: Do you have any insecurities that you’d like to share? Listeners: What, if any, insecurities can you sense in the hosts that you listen to? Leave a comment with your answer below!
*(Disclaimer: I do get a small commission if you purchase through this link. I only promote products that I have used and think my audience will benefit from. There's no extra cost to you, but it does help keep this labor of love alive if you purchase through my link. Thanks for doing it.)