Above is PASR 008: The One With Jorge Sedano (Part 1).
“You have to be a one man band. You have to be able to write. You have to be able to do video stuff. You have to be able to do podcasts.” – Jorge Sedano
THIS IS PART ONE | CLICK HERE FOR PART TWO
ESPN Radio host Jorge Sedano is my host on this week’s podcast. From his father expecting more from him, to being blackballed from the heritage sports station in his local market, to being turning into a program director and everywhere in between, Jorge has had a very interesting trek to what is now a daily solo show on ESPN Radio.
Jorge was very gracious with his time and was very open about how he got to where he is now. So much so that we broke the interview up into two parts. This is Part One of interview.
In Part One, Jorge talks mostly about his story, which is a very relatable one from the standpoint of how tough it is to work for small stations as you’re getting going, and then trying to work your way up into bigger stations as time goes on.
Check out more of the show notes below to get a feel for what you will hear in this edition of The PASR.
I hope you enjoy and, as always, leave a comment to get out anything that this podcast had you thinking along the way.
INSIDE THIS EPISODE…
- Jorge talks about how he got into the sports radio business… all the way up on an “experimental” part of the radio dial (experimental, then, at least).
- Jorge talks about what he would say now to himself back at the beginning of his radio career, which includes a story about how he was blackballed at heritage sports station WQAM.
- Jorge leads into his story about how he got “found.”
- Jorge talks about how his Cuban dad moved to America, in part, so that he could amount to more than a sports radio host. Note: Jorge’s dad is super proud of him now.
- Jorge describes his on-air style.
- Jorge talks about what he thinks the right model is to get into the sports talk radio business.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE…
FROM THE GUEST:
- All available in Part Two (Episode 009).
- GoDaddy: I’m a proud user of GoDaddy and it’s ease of use and low cost are one of the main reasons I am able to run a site like this. It’s a labor of love. Well, what if I could offer you your own website address and hosting for just ONE DOLLAR A MONTH? GET IT HERE RIGHT NOW. Go to aboutsportsradio.com/getgodaddy.*
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
Thanks for joining me again this week. Have something you’d like to share with me or Jorge? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see attached to this post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Podcast About Sports Radio on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.